Travelling can wreak havoc on your beauty regime. We turned to Marc Reagan, Bobbi Brown’s PRO Artist and Manager of Artistry, for advice
By SHERI RADFORD
Achieve a pretty pout with the luxe lip colour trio from Bobbi Brown
What’s the key to looking good during and after a long plane ride?
To quickly freshen and plump up the skin, carry Extra Soothing Balm with you. Warm a dab of it in the palm of your hand, and press it into the skin to moisturize and soften while fighting against dry plane air. If your skin is looking dull or extra tired, use a pump of Face Highlighter (new for the holidays), and apply a thin layer to the high points of the face for an instant glow.
How can a traveller fighting jetlag appear less tired?
The ultimate way to refresh skin is to brighten the under-the-eye area with Bobbi’s Intensive Skin Serum Corrector and Concealer. Use a corrector to lighten darkness, and then add a layer of concealer to instantly lift under the eye and look as if you got eight hours of sleep. All it takes is a quick dab, gently tap with your finger to blend, and you’re good to go. Next, to add instant colour to the face, pick up one of Bobbi’s new Luxe Lip Colors in Pink Guava or Bright Peony; for a pop or for a subtle nude, try Pink, Buff, Almost Bare or Soft Berry.
For a traveller who’s bringing only carry-on luggage, and so has very limited space for her cosmetics, what are the absolute must-haves?
There are five essential items that I recommend:
1. Plump the skin with a face moisturizer like Extra Illuminating Moisture Balm to add an instant glow.
2. Brighten the under-eye area with corrector and concealer, whether it’s Bobbi’s classic formula or her new Intensive Skin Serum formula. Bobbi calls corrector and concealer the secret of the universe.
3. Pop on the cheek with some blush using powder blush for normal or oily skin, or for dry skin, a cream blush like Pot Rouge to add life to the complexion.
4. Define the eyes with eye liner and mascara for a quick and easy standout eye.
5. Finish the look with a lip colour that is in the same colour family as your blush, to achieve a balanced look with a fresh, classic finish.
Which Bobbi Brown products are extra-versatile, doing double (or triple) duty, making them perfect for travellers?
1. Art Sticks give the lips long-lasting colour and can be used as an easy on-the-go cheek colour. Apply to the apple of the cheeks and blend in with your finger.
2. Pot Rouge doubles as a lip colour and cheek colour in a moisturizing formula, great for normal to dry skin. Since it comes in a mirrored compact, you can apply it anywhere, anytime.
3. For easy definition and structure, carry one of Bobbi’s Brow Kits, which will not only add depth and colour to your brows, but also double as an eye shadow.
4. Extra Eye Repair Cream combats dry skin and visible fine lines around the eye, and it can also double as a lip moisturizer.
Find Bobbi Brown products at Nordstrom.