3. The Art Gallery of Ontario, complete with Henry Moore sculptures (photo by Roger Yip)
1. The soulful voice of Aretha Franklin, who opens the TD Toronto Jazz Festival with a free concert on June 24.
2. Donning red and white to cheer on the Toronto FC.
3. Admiring the collection of Henry Moore sculptures housed at the Art Gallery of Ontario.
4. Sipping a cappuccino from White Squirrel Coffee Shop while seeking its namesake critters in adjacent Trinity-Bellwoods Park.
5. Practicing your swing at Polson Pier’s lakeside driving range.
10. Toronto's skyline
6. Receiving a boisterous greeting from servers and chefs upon entering Japanese izakaya Guu.
7. Examining industrial-landscape photographer Edward Burtynsky’s latest exhibit about the oil business at the Royal Ontario Museum.
8. Strolling the pedestrian-friendly outdoor retail complex Shops at Don Mills.
9. The fervor of the “scramble” at Yonge and Dundas, where you can cross the street in any direction.
10. Taking the ferry to the Toronto Islands and looking back at the impressive skyline.
13. The Rex
11. Perusing refined Scandinavian design at Mjölk.
12. Admiring the cavernous grandeur of Union Station (65 Front St. W.).
13. Winding down the week with the live jazz and laid-back vibe at The Rex.
14. Walking beneath architectural artist Philip Beesley’s Sargasso installation, featured in Brookfield Place during Luminato.
15. The sense of otherworldliness in Sarah Anne Johnson’s Arctic Wonderland photos, displayed at Stephen Bulger Gallery.
16. Queuing for the $5.99 lunch specials at Sushi on Bloor—it’s worth the wait.
17. TV’s Rachel and Finn—a.k.a. Lea Michelle and Cory Monteith—belting it out on stage for Glee Live! In Concert!
18. Working up the courage to step onto the CN Tower’s glass floor, then looking down at the street 342 metres below.
19. Crunching on crispy pigs’ ears within Buca’s reclaimed industrial space.
20. Centering yourself at a drop-in yoga class at the Evergreen Brick Works.
24. Stillwater Spa
21. Finishing off a meal at The Gabardine with a burnt marshmallow ice cream sandwich.
22. Ordering creative cocktails and shareable snacks at Origin.
23. Admiring the elaborately designed merchandise windows at posh Holt Renfrew.
24. Getting pampered with a deep blue Tahitian massage at Stillwater Spa.
25. Picking up a new pair of flip-flops or sandals at always on-trend shoe store Get Outside.
26. The Drake General Store
26. Quirky items from the Drake General Store to bring back home to your family and friends.
27. Tucking into tacos el pastor and a bowl of guacamole at Mexican stalwart El Trompo.
28. Coveting the volume of tomes at The Cookbook Store.
29. Scouring the rows of kitchenware at Chinatown’s Tap Phong Trading Company (360 Spadina Ave., 416-977-6364).
30. A stroll through the ravines of the Don Valley—you might glimpse a white-tailed deer by the river.