1. Pick a pleasant-looking day (blue-skied and sunny, perhaps with a calm little breeze) to enjoy touring the Georgian Bay biosphere on an Island Queen Cruise. Don’t forget your camera—the rugged landscape is definitely worth framing.
2. Take a trip to the English countryside from within the Gravenhurst Opera House, which presents its annual dinner theatre production from August 2 to 13. This year’s show is a hilarious British farce entitled Beyond a Joke.
3. The creativity of local Muskokans is on display August 6 and 7 at the Baysville Riverfront Arts and Crafts Festival, which features the works and wares of more than 80 artists and artisans.
4. Clap your hands and kick up your heels at the Algonquin Theatre—Irish ensemble Caladh Nua entertains Huntsville with traditional Celtic songs on August 4.
5. Bracebridge Triathlon Weekend is August 6 and 7. Cheer on all the racers in six events, including the Olympic-distance triathlon on Sunday.
6. Country music fans can enjoy a tribute to two of the all-time greats in Gravenhurst. This week’s edition of Music on the Barge features a tribute to Johnny Cash and Tammy Wynette
7. Wind down from all the week’s activities by booking a massage or beauty appointment at one of the region’s many spas. Wherever you find yourself in Muskoka, it’s likely that one of four Amba Health and Beauty Spas will be nearby.