A Registered Historic Resource, the building was originally constructed as Water Pumping Station No. 2, serving Calgary from 1913 to 1967. Saved from demolition in 1968, it was restored and equipped with two fully functioning theatres. The pump and original brickwork have been preserved and are the only remaining such equipment in North America. Productions are presented Sep through June and Aug by community and small professional arts groups. Group tours available.