By RACHEL DUNLOP
Vegetarians and vegans have a wealth of dining options in Vancouver—and we don’t just mean sushi (although there’s plenty of that, too). Here are a few of our favourite vegetarian restaurants in Vancouver.
VEGETARIAN RESTAURANTS IN VANCOUVER: STOP #1
This neighbourhood darling has specialty salads, samosas, pakoras and other hot and cold dishes to fill the lunch and dinner plates of hungry vegetarians. Get your sugar fix by scoring a scone, cinnamon bun or Nanaimo bar, the standouts of the bakery selection.
• Sweet Cherubim, 1105 Commercial Dr., 604-253-0969, sweetcherubim.com
• Map and reviews
VEGETARIAN RESTAURANTS IN VANCOUVER: STOP #2
East is East
You’ll want to toss out all your bland tea bags once you’ve tasted the brews at this teahouse. The spicy sweet chais are made from a secret blend; sipping them becomes a total sensory experience in the Silk Road–inspired decor. Pull up a tree trunk stool at one of the wooden tables and nosh on Eastern rice bowls and roti rolls.
• East is East, 3243 W. Broadway, 604-734-5881, eastiseast.ca, map and reviews
• East is East, 4413 Main St., 604-879-2020, eastiseast.ca, map and reviews
VEGETARIAN RESTAURANTS IN VANCOUVER: STOP #3
Ever have trouble choosing just one entrée? Not a problem here. You’re meant to order several things off the well-thought-out menu of share plates. Narrowing down which drink to have won’t be so easy, though—the beer, wine and cocktails are all enticing.
• The Parker, 237 Union St., 604-779-3804, theparkervancouver.com
• Map and reviews
TRAVELLING TO VANCOUVER? YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
• 10 Amazing Vancouver Dining Rooms With Fireplaces
• The Best Places to Shop for (and With!) Kids in Vancouver
• Vancouver’s 7 Best Hotel Cocktail Bars
• The 9 Best Beer Bars in Vancouver