By Sheri Radford
With Valentine’s Day almost here, and spring approaching soon after, “a young man’s fancy lightly turns to thoughts of love.” What better time to pop the question? Here are some of our favourite places for the big proposal.
- Near the giant “Engagement” rings created by American artist Dennis Oppenheim, situated on English Bay (pictured).
- At the top of one of our local mountains, while looking out over a panorama of the city.
- In the middle of the Capilano Suspension Bridge, 70 m (230 ft) above the Capilano River. Your sweetie’s heart will definitely start racing!
- In an elegant restaurant such as Hawksworth, Blue Water Cafe or Le Crocodile.
- Anywhere along the seawall at sunset.