Outdoor choices of every kind abound in this vista-kissed city.
- The Teahouse in Stanley Park Heaters and blankets ward off evening chills at this West Coast favourite near Third Beach (pictured).
- Bridges Granville Island landmark boasts an expansive deck with views of False Creek and beyond.
- The Galley Patio and Grill West Side casual eatery above Jericho Sailing Centre is worth the trip for ocean views, good brews and salmon burgers.
- The Boathouse Restaurant Enjoy crab cakes or a bucket of shrimp and North Shore views on the Kitsilano location’s deluxe deck.
- The Flying Beaver Bar and Grill Catch the seaplanes (including namesake de Havilland Beavers) coming and going at this hangout that doubles as the airport pub and a floatplane terminal.—Tim Pawsey