By SHERI RADFORD
August 2 to 4
As the temperature rises, we present our top 10 ways to celebrate the BC Day long weekend.
1. Oohing and aahing as the Honda Celebration of Light (Aug. 2) fireworks illuminate city skies.
2. Practising our savasana and downward-facing dog with world-renowned yogis—and listening to Hannah, Matthew Schoening and The Soul Rebels—at the Wanderlust Festival (to Aug. 4) in nearby Whistler.
3. Making a splash at local beaches, pools and water parks.
5. Pleasing our palates at the Food Cart Fest, every Sunday.
8. Taking in the Douglas Coupland: everywhere is anywhere is anything is everything exhibit at the Vancouver Art Gallery (to Sep. 1).
9. Screaming with delight/terror on all the rides at Playland (to Sep. 21).
10. Picking up local produce and handmade crafts at farmers’ markets around the city.