By SHERI RADFORD
August 2 to 4
As the temperature rises, we present our top 10 ways to celebrate the BC Day long weekend.
1. Oohing and aahing as the Honda Celebration of Light (Aug. 2) fireworks illuminate city skies.
2. Practising our savasana and downward-facing dog with world-renowned yogis—and listening to Hannah, Matthew Schoening and The Soul Rebels—at the Wanderlust Festival (to Aug. 4) in nearby Whistler.
3. Making a splash at local beaches, pools and water parks.
4. Watching live theatre outside at the Bard on the Beach Shakespeare Festival (to Sep. 20) and Theatre Under the Stars (to Aug. 23).
5. Pleasing our palates at the Food Cart Fest, every Sunday.
6. Celebrating gay pride at the Vancouver Pride Parade (Aug. 3) and Queer Arts Festival (to Aug. 9).
7. Enjoying food, family activities, music, visual arts and more at the Powell Street Festival (Aug. 1 to 3) and Harmony Arts Festival (Aug. 1 to 10).
8. Taking in the Douglas Coupland: everywhere is anywhere is anything is everything exhibit at the Vancouver Art Gallery (to Sep. 1).
9. Screaming with delight/terror on all the rides at Playland (to Sep. 21).
10. Picking up local produce and handmade crafts at farmers’ markets around the city.