By TIM PAWSEY
Myriad haunts around town offer a chance for spectacular waterfront dining, each with a twist.
1. Flying Beaver Bar & Grill Close to Airport South, locals, travellers and off-duty pilots rub shoulders at this tasty, pubby spot that doubles as a floatplane terminus.
2. Bridges The grand dame of Granville Island patios delivers a close-up of busy False Creek, with West Coast tastes such as grilled wild sockeye salmon and steamed local mussels.
3. Wild Rice Overlooking heritage vessels moored on the working Fraser River at New Westminster’s River Market, this contemporary bistro serves updated takes on classic Chinese dishes.
4. The Beach House Cross the Lions Gate Bridge and head west along Marine Drive to take in a dazzling sunset dinner at this West Van landmark.
5. Lift Bar-Grill-View A stylish rooftop deck, complete with fire pit, yields breathtaking harbour and mountain views and creative, locally inspired plates to match.
For more by Tim Pawsey, visit hiredbelly.com