By TIM PAWSEY
The city boasts no shortage of pescetarian options, often in sparkling shoreside settings.
1. Go Fish Line up for fish tacos, seared tuna burgers and more, served dock-side with a dash of creativity, just a few steps west of Granville Island.
2. Pajo’s These bare-bones waterside fish ’n’ chipperies in Steveston, Port Moody and Port Coquitlam serve some of the best halibut, cod and salmon you’ll taste anywhere.
3. Troll’s Restaurant This family-friendly spot opened in 1946, predating the nearby Horseshoe Bay ferry terminal. Find more seafood than you can shake a prawn at, plus buckets of nostalgia.
4. Mr. Pickwick’s Fish & Chips Landlocked but still worthy, this Marpole fave wins rave reviews for its British-style F&C, plus deep-fried Mars bars—and gluten-free batter on request.
5. Raincity Grill This quintessential West Coast room dispenses excellent fish ’n’ chips from its handy Denman Street take-out window right across from English Bay.