By TIM PAWSEY
Truly a seafood-lover’s paradise, Vancouver boasts an abundance of marine cuisine. But for purists it’s ultimately about the fish ’n’ chips.
1. Fish Café Combine a visit to leafy Kerrisdale with super-fresh halibut and chips, blackened salmon salad or daily blackboard specials.
2. Go Fish On the seawall just west of Granville Island, this all-outdoors eatery serves fish ’n’ chips, tacos and plenty more, right by the dock, against a city backdrop.
3. The Fish Counter Main Street’s Ocean Wise–certified fishmonger, which doubles as a tiny diner, serves wicked fish ’n’ chips, plus oyster po’boys, lingcod and more.
4. Tony’s Fish and Oyster Cafe On Granville Island, drop by this compact spot for your pick of cod, salmon or halibut, served with Kennebec fries and homemade tartar sauce.
5. Pajo’s Wild-caught salmon, halibut and cod are served on a floating dock beside the fishing boats at Steveston Wharf. Also find a kids’ menu, burgers and more. Additional locations in Richmond, Port Moody and Port Coquitlam.
For more by Tim Pawsey, visit hiredbelly.com