1. Travelling by train with Rocky Mountaineer to Whistler or Calgary.
2. Gorgeous jewellery at The Crystalworks Gallery, which also stocks carvings and oversized minerals.
3. Getting our sugar fix with a caramel cupcake at the new downtown location of Cupcakes, at Robson and Thurlow streets.
4. Araxi in nearby Whistler. The restaurant is currently featured on Hell’s Kitchen, the TV show starring chef/tyrant Gordon Ramsay.
5. Watching the competitions at the 2009 World Police and Fire Games.
6. Alsatian flatbread topped with cheese, bacon and onion at DB Bistro Moderne. Yum.
7. Screaming our heads off on rides at the annual PNE.
8. Grabbing tasty sandwiches-to-go at Cardero Bottega before a leisurely stroll to Stanley Park.
9. The view of downtown as you ride the SeaBus to the North Shore.
10. Reaping the seafood rewards of the West Coast at Coast Restaurant, Goldfish Pacific Kitchen, A Kettle of Fish and Tojo’s.
11. Japadogs. These Japanese-style hot dogs are served with miso, mayo and flakes of seaweed, at the corner of Burrard and Smithe or Burrard and Pender.
12. Sitting on the sand at English Bay and counting the freighters waiting to sail out.
13. The two baby belugas at the Vancouver Aquarium.
14. Buying souvenirs for the 2010 Winter Games, coming here in just six months.
15. Kits Beach, which Forbes Traveler magazine recently named one of the 10 sexiest beaches in North America.