Five uses for hotel shampoo, besides washing your hair:
1. emergency in-the-sink underwear wash (cheap shampoo is the best for this!) or as a stain treatment
2. makeup remover: just be sure it’s a gentle shampoo if you’re removing eye makeup
3. shoe polish: dab a bit on leather shoes with a cloth and buff (don’t do this regularly—it may wear down the leather)
4. shaving cream: it’s less drying and sudsier than soap; conditioner works well, too
5. unclog a toilet: dump into the bowl, wait five minutes and flush
Give us your tips! Add a comment below or let us know on Twitter: #wherecanadatips @wherecanada.