Luxury online menswear store MR PORTER recently released a travel issue of its monthly Journal, which included a video of three well-travelled and (need we mention?) dapperly dressed men and their packing styles.
We also found some excellent packing tips for fashionable travellers of the male persuasion (fashionistos?) at TheStyleBlogger.com, brainchild of style writer/fashion entrepreneur (and Canadian!) Dan Trepanier, who was named Esquire magazine’s Best Dressed Real Man of 2009.
Versatile packing tips for men from the StyleBlogger:
- wear a few layers while in transit to lighten your luggage load and to prepare for varying temperatures en route
- if you don’t have time to dry clean and press when you arrive, have it done beforehand and fold items while still in their dry-cleaning bags
- navy suede loafer: “may be the most versatile shoes available” …um, except when it rains
- for sport coats, go patterned: they’re easiest to dress up or down
- use accessories like scarves to change up outfits
- undershirts are your best friend for re-wearing button-ups
- pocket squares are essential items: okay, not really, but both Dan and his business partner Michael Andrews packed multiple pocket squares
Read all the tips here.