It’s almost half-way through the month of Movember, and men everywhere are boldly donning their various versions of the ‘mo and raising funds for men’s health awareness and research. If you’re getting discouraged by the way your moustache is–or isn’t– growing in, or you’re sick and tired of looking at the “lip sweater” the men in your life are donning, have some fun with these Movember products and events that can be found around the city:
– The Tin Box (10512-82 Ave.) has an impressive display of moustache-themed items with everything from shower curtains to stationary to drinking straws.
– Chicken Scratch (10466-82 Ave.) has a wide selection of cute moustache novelties, including Christmas ornaments, stationary, stickers, and faux fur moustaches.
– The Briefing Room (10151-82 Ave.) has moustache printed socks and underwear for sale; the perfect accessories to pair with the ‘mo you’re growing!
– Local portrait studio Shadow Box Studios (2nd floor, 9267-50 St.) is hosting a Movember Photoshoot November 23 – 25, 10 am – 8 pm. For $50, these expert photographers will assist you in a creative photoshoot to expertly document your ‘Mo. $5 from each shoot will be donated to Prostate Cancer Canada. Call 780-966-0167 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book an appointment.
– Hye Fashion (4211-106 St.) is carrying some great styles of top quality men’s tall fashions exclusively during November.
– Pick up some moustache wax, razors, and other fine grooming products to trim and tame your ‘mo at Barber Ha Barbershop (10011-82 Ave.). Plus, they’re hosting an awesome Movember party on November 17th. Call 780-756-9311 for details.
– Delux Burger Bar (9682-142 St. and West Edmonton Mall 8882-170 St.) is featuring the delicious Mo’ Cheese Mo’ Burger during November, and $1 from the sale of every burger goes towards Prostate Cancer Canada.
– Arcadia Cafe & Bar (#50, 24 Perron St., St. Albert) is donating $1 from the sale of every beer sold in November to Prostate Cancer Canada.
– The Rutherford House (11153 Saskatchewan Dr.) is hosting a Movember Moustache Masquerade Fundraiser on November 30. The event will feature a photo booth, live jazz music, food and wine, prizes for best ‘Mo, and a keynote address from a member of the University of Alberta oncology department. Tickets are $60 each or $100/couple; call 780-427-4033 for tickets.
Don’t forget: Donate $1 (or more!) to the WHERE Edmonton Movember team (http://ca.movember.com/team/618517) and be entered to win a set of Limited-edition Movember Moustache Beer Glasses from Ribstone Creek Brewery in Edgerton, AB. Read more about the project here: WHERE Edmonton Movember Fundraiser.