When the sun is shining nothing beats dining outdoors with a cool drink in hand. Here are ten restaurants with great patios in Edmonton to get some sun and good food:
1. Craft Beer Market — One of the newest patios in the city, and one of very few rooftop patios, this spot comes with an incredible view of downtown and more than 100 beers on tap to enjoy in the sun.
2. Leva — Located on the corner of a sleepy, historic street just a few steps off the U of A campus, this shady spot is a great place to relax with a cappuccino or while away a warm afternoon with homemade gelato.
3. Earls Downtown — The perfect spot to see and be seen, you can snuggle in a booth, perch at high tables, or lounge on a couch in this sleek, always-busy outdoor space.
4. MKT — Comfortable picnic-table-like seating and a massive outdoor bar makes this space a local favourite during the warmer months.
5. Wildflower Grill — This cozy, street-level patio is surrounded by fresh flowers and is the perfect spot to indulge in summer menu items like the incredible Miso Seabass and the Watermelon Salad.
6. Urban Diner on 102 Ave. — Tucked behind the restaurant is a tree-shaded outdoor space that has such a relaxed vibe, you might mistake it for your own deck!
7. Chiantis — Escape the hustle and bustle of Whyte Avenue, on this sunny patio that comes with the scent of beautiful flowers and freshly made pasta.
8. The Confederation Lounge — No one can argue that the view of the river valley from this patio is anything but breathtaking. A summer menu full of items straight off the BBQ makes this spot one that can’t be missed.
9. Sugarbowl — With the garage-door-style windows at the front of this trendy spot rolled open wide throughout the summer, you will feel like you are outside even if you don’t snag a coveted seat on their always-busy patio.
10. Julio’s Barrio — Arguably the best spot in the city to people watch, this patio spills out onto the Whyte Avenue sidewalk in the summer months and is filled with people celebrating the season with margaritas, nachos, and tacos.