Celebrate the past events of 2013 and anticipate all that’s to come in 2014 with a New Year’s dinner in Edmonton! Whether you’re looking to get dressed up and head to an elaborate soiree, or for something a little more low key, these 10 spots are serving up meals that are sure to satisfy — be sure to make a reservation, New Year’s Eve is always a popular night for dining out!
1. Craft Beer Market
This brand new beer restaurant is hosting a brewmaster’s dinner ($65) consisting of a four course meal, and a different beer pairing to accompany each course. After your dinner, dance the night away on the dance floor while enjoying complimentary champagne and party favours.
• Craft Beer Market, 10013 101A Ave., 780-424-2337, www.craftbeermarket.ca
2. Chateau Lacombe Hotel
Feel like you’re celebrating NYE in Vegas at this ritzy affair ($150) that includes decadent Vegas-style buffets, duelling piano entertainment, complimentary wine, midnight champagne, and a welcome cocktail, party favours, and late night snacks.
• Alberta Ballroom, Chateau Lacombe Hotel, 10111 Bellamy Hill, 780-420-8366, www.chateaulacombe.com
3. Mayfield Dinner Theatre
Enjoy dinner and a show ($165)! Head to the all-you-can-eat buffet as often as you like and pile your plate with everything from sushi to prime rib to salad to decadent desserts. Then, settle in for a musical, dance-in-your-seat performance of The History of Rock and Roll: Stars and Stripes. Enjoy complimentary champagne, part favours, and door prizes as you toast to 2014!
• Mayfield Dinner Theatre, 16615 109 Ave. , 780-483-4051, www.mayfieldtheatre.ca
Celebrate the new year at this brand new restaurant with a five course meal ($150) and complimentary wine and cocktail pairings. The foie gras terrine with candied apple sounds divine!
• Woodwork, 10132-100 St., 780-757-4100, woodworkyeg.com
The upscale globally-inspired cuisine created by Chef Andrew Fung is the perfect way to indulge before toasting to a new year — and be sure to save room for dessert.
• Nineteen, 5940 Mullen Way, 780-395-1119, www.dinenineteen.com
6. LUX Steakhouse
Enjoy a “VIP Experience” ($100) set course dinner, or order off their À la carte menu. In either case, seafood and steak are highlights of the evening’s dinner.
• LUX Steakhouse, 10150 101 St., 780-424-0400, www.centuryhospitality.com
7. The Common
The Common is serving up their full menu — we highly recommend the chicken and waffles. It’s a sweet and savoury combo you simply have to experience — and pouring complimentary champagne at midnight. After dinner, get moving on the dance floor as DJs Allout Echo, Justin Foosh, and Dane set the beat. ($20 admission, plus cost of food.
• The Common, 9910a 109 St., 780-452-7333, thecommon.ca
8. Pampa Brazilian Steakhouse
Indulge in their usual offering of all-you-can-eat juicy, tender meats — served in the traditional rodizio style — plus marinated prawns, T-bone lamb, one lobster tail per quest, and dessert for their New Year’s Eve Dinner ($89). Guests at the latest seatings will also receive a glass of champagne to toast to the new year at midnight. For an extra special outing, dress all in white — it’s new year’s eve tradition in Brazil!
• Pampa Brazilian Steakhouse, 9929 109 St., 780-756-7030, pampasteakhouse.com
9. Harvest Room at the Fairmont Hotel MacDonald
Enjoy a 3 course ($75) or 6 course ($139) New Year’s Eve Dinner in the decadent Harvest Room accompanied by the soft music of guitarist Brett Leibham.
• Harvest Room, Fairmont Hotel MacDonald, 10065 100 St., 780-424-5181, www.fairmont.com/macdonald-edmonton
10. Big Al’s House of Blues
New Year’s Eve is the debut of this restaurant and live music venue revival! Nosh on Southern comfort food fare as you enjoy live blues music from The Rusty Reed Band, party favours, champagne, and door prizes.
• Big Al’s House of Blues, 12402 118 Ave., 780-482-0202, www.facebook.com/bigalshouse