by John Gilchrist
Top 5 Pizza Joints
- Pulcinella Domenic Tudda’s white-on-black Kensington pizzeria bakes pizzas in the Neapolitan style—hot, soft-crusted and perfect with a glass of wine from his long Italian list.
- Famoso Neapolitan Pizza Famoso does Neapolitan pizza in a casual way—order, grab a seat and wait a minute. Enjoy the controlled chaos and good pizza for a good price.
- Rea’s Italian Cucina Rea’s serves a full Italian menu but we seldom get past their old-school, Roman-style pizza. We could live on the crust-aged dough alone.
- Il Centro Our favourite pizza at Il Centro is topped with crispy pancetta and mushrooms, a light dusting of cheese and a generous coating of tomato sauce. Chef Fedele Ricioppo always does it right.
- Una Pizza + Wine This contemporary Mediterranean restaurant rocks with energy and tops pizza with roasted fennel sausage and wilted leeks or Swiss chard and double-smoked bacon.